You’ve seen the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal and David Beckham wearing Pashmina scarves, so you’re thinking, does it really good on men? The answer is a resounding yes.
Many guys believe that accessories such as scarves are befitting to women only. Obviously, as you check out men’s magazines and glossy ads, you’ll realize that like pants that women have worn for so many years, scarves have also crossed over as men’s latest fashion piece.
Why More Men Prefer Scarves
Although many men still prefer jackets and other types of accessories, we’ve also seen the growing demand of pashmina scarves among their population.
Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Pashmina scarves are incredibly flexible pieces. You can wear them anytime of the year: in the summer, you can pair them with flip-flops and board shorts and still look really cool, not to mention manly.
In the fall and winter, you can bunch up a bit with a sweater and a scarf. You can go casual with buttoned-down shirt and jean or a bit high fashion by complementing the scarf with a full suit and tie.
2. They’re easier to wear. Granted, some knots and loops take some time to master, but once you do, you can get all dressed up in a matter of minutes. 3. They’re luxurious without being too blunt about it. Some fashion pieces are so loud they can immediately overpower your entire fashion style.
Before you know it, you are a candidate for some bickering over at Fashion Police. The great thing about Pashmina scarves is they are beautiful, and yet they’re subtle in their gorgeousness.
How to Wear
1. Choose the right Pashmina scarf. Pashmina scarves and shawls are often used interchangeably, but still, they’re somehow different from each other as scarves are significantly shorter than shawls.
Moreover, when it comes to design, it’s best if you stick with more solid neutral colors, like gray, brown, and black. If you want some patterns, then you can never go wrong with plaid. The logic here is that these designs are simple and easier to pair with the clothing pieces in your closet.
2. Bring out the beauty of the scarf by complementing it with the right shirt. The safest choice when it comes to Pashmina scarves is to pair them with basic pieces like white shirts or single-colored sleeves. But sometimes the look gets all boring. To upgrade it, all you have to do is to create contrast. In other words, if you’re wearing patterned scarves, go for plain shirts. Meanwhile, if you’re having a printed or colored shirt, stick with a basic-colored scarf.
3. Start with the simpler styles. Checking out the many crazy things you can do with the pashmina scarves can be very overwhelming. So we suggest you begin with the following styles:
- Create a loop. It’s as easy as wrapping the scarf around your neck, making sure that you can have a loop on one side. Then insert the other end into the loop. Then you can choose to tie it loosely for more effect.
- Let it fall. If, for some reason, you have no time to learn any of the loops and knots, then just let the scarf fall off your chest. Wrap it around your neck then into your shoulders. That’s it.
- Cover the neck. Go online and search for David Beckham pashmina scarf to get what we mean. Wrap it around your neck and shoulders as if you’re letting both ends fall. But there’s a twist. Throw each end on the opposite shoulders to bundle up the entire neck with the scarf.